Fight Heart Disease & Stroke
TotalCare Walk-In Clinic’s physicians are experts on fighting heart disease and stroke. Dr. Jiangnan Wang is a cardiologist by training – he served as Attending Physician in Cardiology at Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center, where he was also Director of the Internal Medicine Teaching Program and Chair of the Mortality Committee. Dr. Xiao-Ling Zhang worked for over 10 years in the Stroke Rehabilitation Department at Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center.
Each year 800,000+ people die from heart disease or stroke, making up over one third of all deaths in the U.S.! Yet many types of heart disease and stroke can be prevented. By taking the right precautions and making regular visits to consult with a doctor, you can drastically reduce the chance of disease.
Here are some key steps you can take to minimize the risk of heart disease and stroke:
- Don’t smoke, and avoid second-hand smoke
- Lower your blood pressure if it’s high
- Eat a healthy diet low in saturated fat, trans fat,
cholesterol and salt
- Be physically active
- Keep your weight under control
- Get regular medical check-ups
- Follow your doctor’s orders for taking medicine
- Control your blood sugar if you have diabetes.
Remember, careful diet and exercise are the best ways to prevent disease. See Dr. Wang or Dr. Zhang to discuss a personalized action plan.